Our node was founded on June 26, 2019 by David Atkins.
As a group, we've had many presentation, including a GND Town Hall, a meeting with Rep McMurtry, a Net Zero Presentation by MCAN, and Zero Carbon Homes presentation by David Greene. We have participated in direct action such as the Global Climate Strike (September 2019) and a Chase Bank Protest (November 2019). And during Covid Summer 2020, we helped collect signatures to get the transparency and climate questions on ballots and they passed in the Dedham/Westwood district!
We face many challenges in the months ahead as we all come out of Covid confinement.
We plan to:
- figure out local goal(s) to Bring the GND Home in our local area
- increase communication among local towns and surrounding local nodes
- streamline our communication (largely by mirroring what 350 itself does with google docs)
- encourage members to connect to the umbrella of 350's Working Groups
- educate the local community and ourselves with an eye toward increasing membership.
CRGC's Mission Statement:
- To support the environmental, economic, and social goals of the Green New Deal.
- To spread the message that immediate, large-scale action is urgently needed to avoid a catastrophic future for our children and grandchildren.
- To empower and mobilize our communities by developing specific, concrete steps for addressing climate change at the local level and state level.
- To inspire and motivate our communities to move far beyond current recycling efforts.
- To build on the enthusiasm and energy of the youthful Sunrise Movement to reach out to a larger segment of the population