Welcome to the 350 Mass North Shore Node, where the urgency of saving the planet links with our need to have community while doing this challenging work. Our node joined the member-led and member-driven grassroots climate movement 350 Mass in 2014.
Our North Shore node builds local, regional and statewide power by:
- Meeting monthly the first Tuesday of each month
(on Zoom since Covid 19. We are looking forward to resuming in-person meetings.)
- Organizing events to educate and inform
- Joining 4th of July Horrible parades in Gloucester, Beverly, and Rockport
- Holding fundraising events
- Protesting Weymouth Station– MBTA Charlie, Stand-in at Gov. Bakers
- Protesting funders of fossil fuels: Chase Bank, Bank of America, etc.
- Writing postcards during the 2020 election
- Rallying around election and vote count.
- Organizing resistance against any new investments in fossil fuel infrastructure
- Distributing flyers protesting Peabody Peaker plant
- Working to pass strong legislation to curb climate change, improve health, and fight environmental injustice:
- The Building Justice with Jobs Act (HD. 3338/SD.2102)
- Food Justice with Jobs (HD.3246/SD.1581)
- Food Justice Frontline (HD.3806/SD.2354)
- Homes for All Mass (An Act to prevent COVID-19 evictions and foreclosures and promote an equitable housing recovery) (SD1802, HD3030)
- 100% Clean Act (An Act transitioning Massachusetts to clean electricity, heating, and transportation) (SD2205, HD3551)
We invite you to join us on one of our 350 Mass-North Shore node’s Zoom meetings on the first Tuesday of the month. You will find us a welcoming group who care for one another and are looking forward to meeting you.
Please contact us if you have any questions. We’d love to hear from you!
What Our Members Are Saying
I was feeling apprehensive about our future with the looming climate emergency and decided to do something about it. I joined 350 Mass. Being part of the solution gave me a feeling of agency and I developed a lot of new friends along the way too.
When I joined the North Shore Node I was amazed to find so many ways to be involved. From lobbying and building relationships with my legislators to holding polluters accountable, to standing in solidarity with other groups in their struggles. We teach each other, we support each other and we have found a new confidence in the possibility of a fossil free future. And we have fun!
When I went shopping for an organization to save the livability of our planet, 350Mass won hands down. Its grassroots structure and sky high aspirations were the blend I was looking for. Have also made friends for life here.